Sunday 24 February 2008

The Edge was as big as a hedge


Seven weeks to go and what started as Sunday Bloody Sunday is now ending as a little more of Beautiful Day after the trip to see U2 3D.

After a seven mile run in reasonable enough weather yesterday morning, I began my scheduled 15 mile trek at 10am today in the middle of a huge downpour. And although it settled down a bit after about three quarters of an hour, the damage had been done - I was drenched through and my trusty, cheesy iPod had drowned. Dead as a Dodo. It also meant I had to spend the next 100 minutes running in silence, making the training even more dull than normal (and, as you might guess, it's normally very dull indeed).

Also, when I got home, I took off my sweatshirt to discover blood stains all down my tee shirt after (get this) cutting my nipple (nice). People keep telling me to slap on the Vaseline to protect against this sort of thing and I did but obviously not enough. Next time I'll know better.

Anyway, quick steep in the bath and then off to the National Media Museum to see Bono and the boys. Very entertaining and, in terms of scale, The Edge was as big as a hedge - even his little woolly hat was enormous from where I was sitting.

The glasses they gave us all to wear - that's Vanessa and me in ours up above - made us all feel like Bono himself which was a nice (though admittedly not deliberate) touch. Well worth a visit if you get the chance.

No comments: