Sunday 10 February 2008

Pint of Black for White


Nine weeks to go now and today I ran 14 miles, the longest distance I've ever managed in my life.

It's also more than half the distance of the Marathon itself and I'm still in one piece - just - which must be a good sign.

I'd love to tell you how great I feel but, in truth, I feel dreadful and my right groin muscle is killing me. But, as soon as I finish this, I'm going to treat myself to a wee pint or two of Guinness so expect my spirits to rise.

As I said in my last post, I've been away for a few days - up in North Yorkshire for Vanessa's birthday - and the break has allowed me to reflect back on the last couple of weeks since the fundraising began for real.

I can believe we're almost up to £1,500 and, although I hate to tempt fate, my target now is to double it. Fingers crossed.

Right, it's Guinness Time...

No comments: