Sunday 10 February 2008

Time for tomorrow


A couple of Guinness, a drop of wine and now my physical aches are not so bad.

On the downside, I've just watched the last ever episode of The West Wing, probably my favourite TV programme of all time.

I was working long hours in the House of Commons when it first arrived on our screens in 1999 and, after watching one episode and loving it, decided to hold back to watch it in sequence when I had more time on my hands.

That point arrived about three years ago and, although the "more time" well quickly ran dry, I kept at it. 150-odd episodes and seven DVD boxsets later, it's now over.

If you're a fan of The West Wing, you'll know exactly what I'm going through. If you're not, you should be.

In the very last scene, Mrs Bartlet asked the now ex-President what he was thinking about. "Tomorrow," replied our hero.

It's now time for me to do the same - I've got work in the morning!

No comments: