Monday 4 February 2008

You'll never beat Big Davy


What a great night for the Bannsiders!

Tonight I had the surreal experience of sitting in my living room in Pudsey watching Coleraine FC make their live Sky Sports debut against Newry City. And I wasn't alone, Vanessa and I having invited our neighbours Jo and Mark over to share the moment - and pies at half-time.

The Coleraine players battled as if their lives depended on it. Marty Hunter and Darren Cassidy were terrific, but star of the show was the old man, Davy O'Hare, in goal. Gerry Armstrong said he'd had the game of his life but, like other Coleraine fans, I've seen Big Davy play that well many times before.

The only downside of the evening was the commentator suggesting that the idiot who invaded the pitch was a Coleraine supporter - he wasn't and clearly came over the fence from the Newry end.

But other than that, it was perfect night for the great people now in charge of a still great club.

Well done to everyone at The Showgrounds - you've made one exiled Coleraine fan very proud (and very nostalgic)!

Oh, and yes - I was wearing my Coleraine shirt.

1 comment:

Andy and Lydia Kerr said...

missed the big sky debut.
good luck and hope the money rolls in when the chronicle goes live