Monday 11 February 2008

Pasta joke


I remember hearing David Beckham say some years ago that the worst thing about being a Premier League footballer was having to eat pasta for breakfast.

He went on to explain that it only happened in advance of a lunchtime kick-off but, still, an interesting insight from someone not known for providing interesting insights.

I have never eaten pasta for breakfast but I have had it for tea a lot recently. Not that I like it but for a few more weeks I'm a "marathon runner" and that's what "we" are supposed to do. Oh, all right - Vanessa's been making me eat it against my will. Or so I had convinced myself.

But then, this evening, a funny thing happened. Vanessa's not around and on nights like this I get to call into Asda and choose my own tea (what an exciting life I lead).

So what did I choose? You can see where I'm going with this but I'll tell you anyway - yes, pasta. And not just one ready to eat job but two (it was buy one, get one half price but even so).

I'm going to have one now - chicken tagliatelle - and I'm sort of looking forward to it.

Something's happening to me and I don't know if I like it. Or do I? I'll chew it over and get back to you.

No comments: