Friday 4 April 2008

Backroom banter


Safely back in Pudsey now and don't I know it!

Regular readers of this rubbish (if there are any) may remember, back in January, me introducing you to Andy, The Backroom Barber.

As you might expect from someone in his profession, Andy can talk. He is also one of the better swearers I've heard around these parts - and it is a very competitive industry I can assure you.

I've been banging on about the Marathon every time I've seen Andy over the last few months and, on my last visit, he very kindly kept me his copy of the Pudsey Times which featured a nice story on what Sebastian and I were up to.

Sensing a hint of vulnerability, I struck.

"So, can I put you down for a few quid then?" I enquired gently.

"I'll give you a streamline haircut for free and you can donate what you would've paid to the fund," he replied without a breath. "But you're not getting a ****ing tenner if that's what you're after."

A very fair deal from a very fair man I'm sure you'll agree.

The above picture was taken by me just a few minutes ago from Andy's famous chair - opposite the mirror. I think it's quite arty.

Thanks to Andy for being a sport and, if you're reading this, you're not getting a ****ing penny back if I break my leg on the day!

No comments: