Sunday 6 April 2008

Running to the pub


We're down to a week.

This time next Sunday I should hopefully be somewhere beyond the 20-mile mark and thinking of beer. (Some people have told me a pint is the last thing I'll be craving once I'm over the line but I don't think they know me very well).

Following my little difficulties over the Portugese cobbles last weekend, I've been back out on the velvet roads of Pudsey twice in the last three days - four miles on Friday, six miles this morning.

All that's left now are two 20-minute jaunts tomorrow and Wednesday and the training is officially over. It's a little hard to take in (unlike my first pint which, I can assure doubters, will be taken in very easily next Sunday afternoon).

Meantime, seven days of abstinence from all things fun now awaits me. (Does anyone REALLY think I'm not going to have a shed load of beer next Sunday? They must be drunk!)

No comments: