Thursday 10 April 2008

Out on the streets with Mad Eliz (Lizzie to you and me)


I always thought there'd be a twist in the tale in the final hours leading up to race day. Tonight it came.

I arrived home an hour and a bit ago to find a series of pictures e-mailed to my PC, one of which you can see above.

The girl on the left is Mad Eliz Brown - Eliz is pronounced "Lizzie" (nope, I can't work it out either).

Eliz is a great pal of Sebastian's who contacted me a few weeks ago to say she had plans to raise a few quid. This afternoon she struck.

Eliz had tee-shirts designed, decorated some buckets, grabbed Sebastian, her lovely little boy Jacob (holding the bucket) and her neighbour Jill (right) and off they went around the streets and doors of Coleraine.

To this point, they have terrified local residents to the tune of £235 with the hope of more to come when the sun rises. Good people of the town beware.

Eliz, you're a legend. You're also completely and utterly mad (and no, I'm not taking that back!)

Fan-bloody-tastic.

What's more, for the first time, I can say with good reason that we might just make it to the magic £5,000.

If you haven't already donated, please, please, please do your bit to help us get there.

And if you happen to live in Coleraine, watch out for mad people with buckets roaming your neighbourhood. I can't guarantee they won't bite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E LIZ E LIZ E LIZ E LIZ E LIZ HAHAHAHAH