Monday 31 March 2008

Happy Birthday to me



Yes folks, I´m 36 today. How depressing.

I remember feeling particularly low when I hit the big 30. I discussed the situation with the then MP for Fermanagh and South Tyrone, Ken (now Lord) Maginnis.

"Barry son," boomed Ken in his customary manner, "I remember feeling just like you do when I hit 30. Then 40 and 50 came and went and I barely noticed. Suddenly I hit 60 and realised I was an ol´man." As ever, the great man put his finger on it. I promise to lift my mood from here on in.

I did my ten miles yesterday and my previously sore right knee and sore left foot now have new friends: my sore left knee and sore right foot.

A 20 minute "speed session" (I don´t know why they´re called that as I can never get any speed up) planned for tomorrow is definitely out the window. But that might be a bonus given I´ll be having a little glass of something tonight. After that we´ll have to see.

For the first time, I´m able to say the Marathon is "next" week - a sobering thought indeed.

Although perhaps not as scary as being reminded I´ve just turned 36.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Barry,
Happy Birthday to you!!!