Tuesday 25 March 2008

There's no place like home


Just back from the Easter trip home and I can't believe how much money we raised.

On top of the cash I had already accounted for and was simply picking up, the good people of the Triangle added another £750 to the total in a single weekend. It's quite incredible.

Thanks to everyone involved - friends, family and those I'd never met before. Sebastian and I are immensely grateful to you all.

A special mention to the good patrons of Portstewart Golf Club who, after some gentle persuasion from Derek who was an absolute hero, donated more than £150 in a whip round last night. You're brilliant.

On training matters, I did manage the planned 20 miles on Sunday and the North Coast was indeed as beautiful as ever. The rain also managed to hold off for almost the entire three hours - I should stop being such a pessimist.

A real bonus for me, at the end of the longest run I'll do other than the race itself, was being greeted by Sebastian and his equally cute sister Katie (as the above pic will confirm) when I reached the end.

Perhaps not surprisingly, I'm starting to feel quite emotional about the whole thing now and it's hard not to get carried away. I'll therefore shut up at this point!

But in short, it's definitely a case of so far so good - although clearly we're not over the line just yet.

PS Thanks Ceri

No comments: