Tuesday 11 March 2008

In a bit of a hole


I've had a "wardrobe malfunction."

Running doesn't require much in the way of equipment other than a good pair of running shoes. So guess what I've found a hole in? You guessed right.

I bought a new pair in the sales at the beginning of January and for the last two months they've served me well.

Then last night I discovered that my right big toe had worked its way through the top of my shoe. It's not the whole (or hole for that matter) way through, but it's halfway there. This is not good and it leaves me with two options.

One, do I perserve and hope that the problem doesn't worsen and the shoes see me through the next four and a half weeks to race day?

Or two, do I fork out another probably seventy-odd quid for a new pair and start the process of breaking them in which is a task in itself?

On sober reflection it's going to have to be the latter as there's no point in coming this far, risking the shoe splitting the week before the race and then not having another pair ready to jump into. AAAGGHHH!!!! £70 it is then.

I said right at the beginning that I would cover all the costs of this little Marathon adventure myself and that includes replacement shoes.

However, I'll feel much better about my mishap if you can find it in your heart to send me some sponsorship money - all of which will go to the charities.

You might as well.

No comments: