Thursday 6 March 2008

Money flows in as Paula's chances go down the loo


The London trip paid off handsomely thanks to the generosity of some very nice people - I raised £236 over the course of Tuesday evening. But that was not the end of the story.

I arrived home last night to find a cheque waiting for me from two extremely kind relatives back home. And then this morning, when I checked my e-mails, I found another incredibly generous pledge from an incredibly decent Scottish friend living in Yorkshire.

Sincere thanks to all of them and indeed to everyone who has dipped their hands in their pockets thus far. You're brilliant.

On a lighter note you may have heard that the Toilet Queen herself, Paula Radcliffe, has today withdrawn from the London Marathon.

This is a shame as her involvement would have attracted a lot of media attention in the last couple of weeks before the race and made it easier for people like me to raise money.

It also robs us of the chance to hear all the old jokes about what she did or didn't "do" on an Athens pavement four years ago (not to mention what we know she definitely did do on a London street a few months later - see above if you can't remember).

But there is an upside.

At least there's now one less girl who's going to beat horribly me on the day.

No comments: