Sunday 2 March 2008

Nice to have an old friend back


Six weeks to go now and I've just completed and 17 and a half mile run - this is getting silly.

Thankfully I've been reunited with my cheesy iPod who's been to rehab to be dried out. Actually I made that bit up. Yes it has dried out but only after spending some time sitting on a radiator after last Sunday's soaking. And it certainly made this morning's long trek go a lot quicker.

The likelihood is that you wouldn't like the contents of my iPod. And I'm pretty certain most joggers would hate it - do you know of anyone else out there who takes to the streets to the strains of Lyin' Eyes by The Eagles?

Followed, more than usually, by a bit of Neil Diamond and perhaps a quick burst of Debbie Gibson? And then some Howard Jones? Jimmy Somerville anyone? Or what about a touch of Erasure?

There is slightly more "respectable" stuff on their too - Snow Patrol, REM, Amy MacDonald who I love - but, in general, cheese is the predominant smell.

Which reminds me, it's time for a long, hot bath.

No comments: